The SDCC team is spoiling us with yet another great release. After a little less than one year of development and 3 release candidates the new 3.3.0 version is ready for download.
Besides the numerous bug fixes here is a list of the important changes since the release 3.2.0 (list taken from SDCC website):
- lospre (currently enabled for z80-related and hc08-related ports only) - merged lospre branch
- More efficient initialization of globals in z80, z180, r2k and r3ka ports.
- Inclusion of tests from the gcc test suite into the sdcc regression test suite led to many bugs being found and fixed.
- Split sdas390 from sdas8051
- Merged big parts of ASxxxx v5 into sdas
- New pic devices (synchronization with MPLABX 1.60). (Except for very old MCU-s.)
- New script which disassembles those hex files, in which MCS51 code there is. (mcs51-disasm.pl)
- Added the PIC16F1788 and PIC16F1789 devices.
- C11 _Alignof operator.
- C11 _Alignas alignment specifier.
- C11 _Static_Assert static assertion.